Glaze is Rockland’s only paint your own pottery and mosaic studio! Visit us to paint pottery or create a mosaic masterpiece. We have hundreds of designs to choose from and lots of ideas to get you started. Reservations are not necessary! Or for large groups, host a pottery or mosaic party in our private party room.
No experience required!
How it works
We are open for walk ins every day except Tuesday. Even if we have a birthday party going on, we have plenty of room in our main studio for you to paint pottery or create a mosaic. No reservations are required!
Spending time at glaze is great for both adults and children!
- Choose a piece of pottery from our extensive collection – plates, bowls, cups, vases, figurines and lots of kids’ pottery.
- Design your piece using our inspiration books or your own ideas. We supply all the paint, stamps, stencils, and other materials you need.
- Leave the piece with us for a week so we can glaze and fire it in our kiln. It’ll be shiny and ready to use when you visit us again a week later to pick it up.
Not a pottery kind of person? No problem!
- Choose a mosaic from our wide variety of mosaic surfaces – frames, mirrors, trivets and tables.
- Design your mosaic and use tiles to cover the surface of your piece.
- Take your mosaic home with you the same day and just wait for the glue to dry before you complete the process by grouting.
Glaze’s pricing is all inclusive so there are no hidden costs. The price of the piece that you select is the price you pay. No studio fee, no hourly fee, no firing fee, no nonsense. Pottery prices range from $10 – $65 and children’s pieces range from $10 – $23. Mosaic prices start at $11.
How long does it take?
That all depends on you! Some folks stay for hours painting and designing their mosaics. Others, including some small children, are finished more quickly. It all depends on the piece you select, your design, how detailed you are, and how much time you have!
You are welcome to paint or mosaic for as long as you like. If you are not able to finish in one sitting, you can take your piece home and come back anytime to complete the project at no additional cost.
Do I need to make a reservation?
You are welcome to visit glaze anytime we are open to paint pottery or create a mosaic. Reservations are not required but we will accept them for groups of six or more. Please be sure to arrive at least one hour prior to closing so that you have plenty of time to complete your masterpiece.
We are pleased to offer non-toxic paints and glazes of the highest quality. The finished pottery pieces are food safe but should not be put in the microwave or dishwasher. It’s always best to treat your pottery like fine china.
No time to paint at glaze?
Try Pottery To Go! Buy pottery for 10% off when you take it home to paint. After you’ve finished your designs, bring it back to us and we’ll fire it for you at no additional cost. Two ounce bottles of paint are available for $4 and a pack of brushes for $15.*
*glaze only fires pottery that has been purchased in our studio and decorated with paints and brushes purchased from us.
glaze gift certificates are available in any denomination and make the perfect gift for children or adults! If you purchase a gift certificate of $20 or greater, you can pick from a selection of hand painted ceramic tiles at no additional cost!